Friday, January 17, 2014

Baby Heart

Today was a very good day. Multiple signs told me to express gratitude for the things that are going right, instead of focusing on the bad stuff, and I listened.

Olivia and I spent the morning doing an initial prenatal visit for one of my very best friends. It is such an honor to be a midwife for a close friend. I'm so excited for her. Today was the first time Olivia got to watch me work and she was fascinated by the blood pressure cuff and the Doppler that let us hear "baby heart." It's kind of strange that I have been feeling unsettled about being a midwife but I'm totally looking forward to my friend's birth. What's that about?

After lunch at home and a nap, I got ready to go to an interview. This woman called last week while we happened to be eating lunch and so I wrote down all her info on a napkin on the table and the napkin stayed on the table all week until, of course, I needed it and then it was nowhere to be found.

I know I didn't move it and Louis swears he didn't touch it, so where did it go? I even dug through the garbage can (yuck!) to see if I could find it. Finally, I just gave up and called the lady. She had such a great sense of humor about it, thankfully. I love mothers of multiple small kids. They're so real. I dropped O off at my parents' (again) and went to the interview.

The interview went great and I'm fairly certain they will hire me. Very nice, thoughtful family. The only thing is that she's due late July/early August and Louis and I were really hoping we could get away for a second honeymoon this summer. Guess we better start making definite plans soon.

After the interview, I treated myself to Chaat Bhavan, which is an Indian vegetarian restaurant on Mowry in Fremont. Best tasting vegetarian food I've had. It's so flavorful and they have lots of gluten-free options. I brought home extra for our lunch tomorrow. I'm glad my little girl likes spice.

Yay for a good day.

No comments: