Monday, January 20, 2014

Me Day

At the beginning of the year, Louis and I made a pact to have a monthly date. We also agreed that each of us would get one full day per month to spend however we liked, while the other person was responsible for all childcare duties.

I was scheduled to go first and today was my day. Or at least it was supposed to be. I woke up with a freaking migraine headache that didn't go away until this evening. And, the only thing I got accomplished was a bunch of bookkeeping for the midwife nonprofit. I recorded all the profits from our fundraiser last night, while trying to fight back the nausea.

What gives, man? I'm so sick of these headaches. This one wasn't hormonally related at all, which means it was from something I ate. There are two possibilities. One, we tried the new Cherry Pit Chinese restaurant two nights ago and I had leftovers the next day. It didn't taste like there was MSG but who knows? The other option is that I ate a few leftover tortilla turkey rolls while driving home at ten o'clock last night after the fundraiser. I didn't eat enough beforehand and didn't want to stop for fast food on the way home, so I broke down and ate some yummy gluten. And then I paid for it today. Can I really be that sensitive now that I haven't really eaten it for three weeks?

I'm scared enough of having another migraine that I am seriously boycotting all Chinese and gluten. 

I feel cheated out of my me day. Louis took Olivia to the zoo and they had a great time while I tried to nap my pain away. Oh well, there's always next month.

No comments: