Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Yard

Today was such a better day than the earlier part of the week.

Olivia and I went to her first day of the new semester of Music Together and we had fun. She's really into the class now and fully participates in all the dancing and singing and instrument playing. She even has a best friend who is her same age and lives just up the street. They hold hands during class and they're so cute together.

After lunch and playtime and a nap, she "helped" me with my stress cleaning project of the day, which was to rake and sweep up all the leaves in our front yard. She was super excited to help at first, but quickly got bored and wanted to be held, so I finished raking and sweeping one-handed while carrying a 28 pound toddler. The yard looks nice, though, and I feel good.

For dinner I pulled together a bunch of stuff from the freezer. I'm trying to make room because I just ordered another 30 pounds of butter! When the holistic moms group placed the bulk order a few months ago, I bought 90 pounds but shared most of it with other people, not realizing how little I kept here. After my holiday baking, I only have two pounds left. Anyway, I have another bulk order coming and will totally share but I'll also keep a bunch for us. We eat a lot of butter.

I emailed NARM to let them know I am declining the offer to join the board. I didn't take it seriously at all at first, but I've been thinking about it a lot and I'm really kind of bummed that it won't work. Maybe I'll be done nursing in time for the April conference in DC, but I'm not willing to quit nursing just so I can go. I wrote in my email that I would be interested in a board position if there was an opening in the future. I hope I didn't blow my only chance.

What will my stress cleaning project be for tomorrow?

No comments: