Monday, August 18, 2014

Late Night Thoughts

Some mental vomit that I want to write down before I re-watch Outlander's second episode and go to bed:

Another relative of mine has died from a heart attack.  Not blood related, but close enough.  A lifetime worth of eating garbage food and finally a heart attack takes him at 57.  I'm so fed up with Mexicans and the sh** they eat.  Angry.  I'm so angry.

I took my anger and frustration out in a particularly grueling zumba class.  I've been back to zumba for a couple weeks now and it feels great.  My knees ache but I like the brief me-time escape in the evening.  I love that the classes are just five minutes from my home and super affordable at just five bucks a class.  I really like the instructor and most of her music.  I especially like not knowing anybody there and feeling like I can really shake my stuff, in hopes that the harder I shake it, the faster it will fall off.

Our elderly neighbor is moving away forever this weekend!  Oh, no! She came over to our house in tears the other day and asked to speak to Louis about selling her house.  Seems her only son is pressuring her to sell everything and move down to southern California to an assisted living place near him.  She said Louis was the only realtor she could trust.  So, Louis will be helping her sell, as quickly as possible, per the son, who is also on the deed.  She's been so upset lately and it's sad to watch her.  She's lived in her home since 1975 and all of a sudden she has to leave everything.  Olivia loves her and it will be so sad to say goodbye.

I just got hired for a Castro Valley homebirth in February and I'll be doing the first prenatal visit tomorrow night.  I wish I had more goodies and freebies to give.  I'll have to work on that.

I'm hosting a series of midwifery classes my midwife will be teaching when she's in town next month.  The classes are filling up so quickly that I'm afraid I'll have to start turning people away.  We've already added extra classes but the responses just keep coming.  It's a great thing!

I just applied to start an "Eden Area" chapter of the Holistic Moms Network.  I'll still keep going to the Fremont meetings but there's tons of interest in starting a chapter here and I've been asked by several people to get it going.  I told one of the Fremont chapter leaders that I was hesitant to start my own chapter because I'm not very "advanced" in terms of all things holistic.  She laughed and said that being a midwife is intimidating to people so I shouldn't worry about being holistic enough.  Ha!  Me, intimidating!? I guess between being a midwife, nursing a toddler, hosting a CSA drop-off, and leading an HMN chapter, I *am* pretty crunchy, lol.

The ants are gone for the moment.  The laundry is at a manageable level and the house feels clean enough.  Louis and I had a great weekend together, including a special date night with dinner at Paradiso.  He's a pretty cool guy.  Our monthly date nights are helping a lot.

T is in Bali until September 1st.  I'll definitely be ready for her to come home by then.

No comments: