Thursday, August 7, 2014

Yelp

Olivia has gone to bed around 8 pm for the past two night.  It's been awesome.

Last night, I finally finally got up the courage to ask for Yelp reviews for my midwifery practice.  I've gotten lots of likes on my Facebook post about it but no reviews just yet.  My Facebook page for Generations Midwifery Service is up to nearly 100 likes.  There's a whole bunch of people who liked my page that I don't even know.

I figured it was good timing to ask for Yelp reviews because I've been getting lots of hits to my Yelp page lately.  It's sad that there's nothing there for people to read and I wonder what potential clients think when they see I don't have any reviews.  Hmm...

On Facebook this past week, one of my very first doula clients popped up as someone I might know.  I friended her and sent her a note saying hi and that her kids (I was her doula for both!) were beautiful.  She sent back a nice note saying, "You were such an important support and help to me and I'll never forget it."  Hopefully she'll write a review!  

It makes me anxious asking people to say nice things about me.  Yeesh.

Now I have to ask people to bring out their pictures of me at births because I'm just about ready to have my new website designed.  I'm still waiting to hear back about my logo design and in the meantime I'm trying to work on developing the content for my new website.  There's so much to do! 

No comments: