Monday, August 11, 2014

Outlander

*deep contented sigh*

Ahh...

Yesterday, my husband spent 45 minutes on hold with directv so we could add Starz to our cable package. Outlander is coming to TV!!!

When I was a brand new student at Casa, I had quite a bit of free time because I was the lowest ranked person there. T sent me a care package one day with the book Outlander to keep me entertained with something totally unrelated to midwifery. After the first book, I was hooked. I went on to read the seven books that followed, each book being about 800 pages. I swear it's one of the best stories I have ever read.

Although I hardly watch tv and hate spending money unnecessarily, I admit that I begged just a bit to add Starz so I could watch the show as it aired and not have to wait for it to come out on DVD. Louis says the cable guy said their phones had been blowing up all day with people ordering Starz just to see Outlander, so I know I'm not alone. The Facebook page is going crazy, too.

The series premiere did not disappoint! I've seen it multiple times already and I started reading the first book of the series again.

Today was my monthly "day to self" and I spent the morning at the thrift store with my mom shopping for books and clothing for Olivia. I scored some great books but my favorite snag of the day was a brand new Sesame Street edition Chutes and Ladders game for a dollar. The three of us played a whole game together after dinner. Louis won. It's great that Olivia can stay interested in games now.

For lunch I came back home and read Outlander while I ate (alone!) in total peace and quiet. When I was ready, I headed out to Macys for a small shopping spree. I got some basics that should last me through the first weeks of preschool and the rest of the campaign. The whole store was on sale for the end of summer clear out so I got some great deals.

Louis and Olivia went to music class this morning and then the two of them spent the day together in San Francisco visiting the seal lions at Pier 39 and having a sushi lunch where Olivia successfully used chopsticks to eat!

When I came home, she was fast asleep on his chest on the couch. They looked so peaceful. 

Everybody had a great day. This was a great weekend. Life is good.

5 more days until the second episode!

No comments: