Tomorrow, O and I will head to Sacramento for yet another hearing on SB277. This time, it will be heard before the assembly health committee, which is chaired by our own representative. It's the only assembly committee that will get to vote (more shady politics) before the governor signs it, so this is essentially our last chance to kill this stupid bill.
The exciting part is that our movement has grown exponentially since the last hearing! There are 1000 people who have RSVPd on Facebook, meaning the real number will be at least double that. There are hundreds of messages flying around Facebook now about last minute carpools and people are driving or flying in from all areas of the state. Donations were raised to fully fund at least half a dozen buses from Southern California and they're on the road right now. Facebook and Twitter will be blowing up tomorrow.
Jenna Elfman is on our side, as are a few NFL players (who point out that denying kids the right to attend public schools also affects sports), as well as Kirstie Alley and a few other celebs. Dr Sears, a famous pediatrician, will be one of the featured speakers at the rally tomorrow morning and I just saw a post about a surprise guest speaker. Wonder who it could be?
O and I are taking Amtrak again because there is no way I want to deal with parking among what could possibly be the latest crowd the capital has ever seen. My new chiropractor friend and her kids are riding with us, which is awesome because it doesn't feel like we're lonely weirdos anymore. I have so many friends and colleagues who are either going tomorrow or showing support for those of us who are. It's awesome.
It's expected to be close to 100 degrees tomorrow in Sac. I packed lots of water and snacks and changes of clothes and a fan and our hats. It will be what it will be, and we'll do our best to cope.
My Facebook feed has me seriously pumped up. The Catholic Church also just came out in opposition to vaccines which contain aborted fetal cells and that was huge news for religious folks.
If the bill is killed tomorrow, we all breathe a sigh of relief and Olivia gets to go to preschool. If it passes tomorrow, it will likely be signed into law and we'll be homeschooling because she won't be allowed to attend school. Lots at stake for our family.
I feel like people are really starting to wake up about the dangers of vaccines and the lack of common sense surrounding this bill. In a way, it was a good thing that the bill was presented because it got people to think and research in ways they hadn't before. The goal is to protect children, but forced vaccination is not the answer. When there's a risk, there must be a choice. There is no crisis that requires the state to take away parental rights and the right to refuse medical treatment.
I have no faith or trust in the CDC or our local democratic electeds and I will never vaccinate my child.
Let's kill this bill!
No comments:
Post a Comment