Seriously, last night, I wished that I drank. I would have gotten plastered.
Instead, I ate a bunch of ice cream. When that didn't quite satisfy (but it was good!), I decided to clean the kitchen. So, not only did I clean every nook and cranny, I decided to de-clutter as well. I went through every single cabinet and drawer and pulled out anything that hadn't been used in the past six months and that I wasn't planning to use in the six months to come. I put everything on the dining room table, which ended up completely covered.
I found a few treasures, which was awesome. I found my rice cooker measuring cup! I've been looking for that thing for months now. I also found a box full of attachments for our hand blender that we had to buy as an emergency last-minute purchase last thanksgiving and apparently never even unpacked the box. I even found a Christmas teapot we received as a wedding gift. Inside the teapot was $40 and a note that said, "for your first Christmas tree." Aww. I had forgotten all about it. We're not keeping the teapot, but I want to do something special with the money. Maybe I'll save it and give it to O for her first Christmas tree when she gets married. I can still be sentimental and not hang onto a bunch of stuff, right?
O went to bed early because it was a napless day, and Louis had to work extra late, so it was just me in my little de-cluttering world last night. When I was mostly done, Louis came home and just stood there looking at me. I told him, "You need to let me do this!!!" and I think he got it. He says he has a few objections about the things I pulled out, hmph. We'll see.
I'll be giving lots of it away free and selling a few of the better items. I even scrubbed the oven clean! It didn't take away the pain of our defeat, but it made me take my mind off it all for a few hours. In the end, it felt great to have cleaned and organized the kitchen. I've been cooking a lot lately and the kitchen is sort of becoming my sanctuary, so I love having it clean.
And it's so much healthier than drinking.
Next up is the dining room!
No comments:
Post a Comment