One of our speakers was the chiro that I see once a month for an adjustment and have been going to since I was pregnant. She has been practicing for more than 20 years and totally knows her stuff. The other chiro was the best looking chiropractor I have ever met! He's pretty gorgeous and he's also a really nice guy. He just opened a new office space in Union City where he specializes in pediatrics and he has a separate room where a local midwife rents her own space. There's a meeting room and spaces for other practitioners, so it's a full wellness center. I love it and I so wish we could start one here in town. My chiro has a beautiful office that I would secretly love to buy from her when she retires, and she has offered me a space there, but I haven't taken her up on her offer yet.
Tonight's crowd included T, a former homebirth client, and a woman who just asked me to attend her birth this fall as the assist. There was also a woman who literally ran into the room at the beginning to say that she *had* to meet me. She just friended me on Facebook because we were in the same city, same vaccine groups, and interested in the same stuff. She wants to do some bulk orders of meat and other food soon, so I guess I better get that organized.
Our meeting is held in a room that all the families going to or coming from family storytime must pass and I made sure to put a flyer out so they could see who we were. I also ended up handing out a bunch of flyers to people who came in to ask about the group. And, I met a councilmember who wants to arrange a child CPR class for our group, which is what he does for a day job.
We have so many plans and ideas for our chapter. I love my new community and how welcome and at home I feel. I need to buy some HMN gear now. I love this organization.
Assembly health meets in fewer than 8 hours to vote on the bill. I can't sleep.
No comments:
Post a Comment