I've been so emotional about the bill and all the political drama going on. Louis called me on it today and said my obsession was starting to affect the family. I think he should be more concerned about the bill, but he's also right that it's all-consuming for me right now.
He had to work today but had the evening off, and we decided as a spur of the moment thing, to go to dinner in Half Moon Bay. We tried Sam's Chowder House because we had always seen the parking lot so full and wondered about the food. We were, sadly, very unimpressed. Dinner for the three of us was a whopping one hundred dollars and it wasn't even delicious. We'll stick with Barbara's from now on.
After dinner, the three of us walked down to the waterfront and then walked along the beach. We rolled up O's pant legs and she ran barefoot through the edge of the water. I watched her running up and down the beach holding Louis' hand and squealing as the water came rolling in and got her feet wet. She had such a good time. For a while, I totally forgot how stressed I had been and I just enjoyed the time with my family.
I'm glad we picked the coast for our getaway tonight. I definitely need to be around water more often.
No comments:
Post a Comment