Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Flu

I have the most miserable flu. Every last cell in my body aches and I keep alternating between chills and hot flashes. It hit me yesterday afternoon, and I've just wanted to sleep nonstop since then.

O started preschool summer camp yesterday. I promised her I would stay with her for the first day, and I was fine at school. When we came home, she took a nap and I slept next to her, which is when it hit me.

Louis has the same thing but he seems to be a day ahead of me. He actually called in sick today, which is super rare, but I'm so glad he did. I could barely move this morning but somehow managed to get O dressed and ready for school. We dropped her off together and stayed for a few minutes to make sure she was okay. If I hadn't been feeling so miserable, I'm not sure I would have left her by herself, but I didn't have much choice. We came back home and I fell asleep immediately on the couch. About an hour before school was supposed to end, I asked Louis to go check on her. I felt so bad when he said she had cried before circle time because I wasn't there :( Other than that, though, she seemed to be fine. Hmm, maybe I'll do every other day with her at school.

When she came home, she didn't want to nap, so we put on a Disney movie marathon for her. Ugh, I feel so guilty about sticking her in front of the tv, but I desperately wanted to sleep.

I'm supposed to put in my work day at school tomorrow, so I'm really hoping I don't feel like death in the morning. It totally sucks being sick and having to parent.

No comments: