My dad came over a few days ago to help me sort out all the tools and misc stuff in the garage. He helped identify a few things and pointed out which was most important to keep. We only had about half an hour to work while O was at school, so now I have all the stuff spread all over the garage waiting for me to finish the project. I'll be getting rid of a lot of the stuff (maybe most of it?) and reorganizing the rest into bins I can actually reach. Ack, all I need is the time to work on it.
I've been posting stuff for free all over the place. I think I'll make it a Sunday night ritual to post free stuff on Facebook. I love clearing out my home and I especially like making people happy with free stuff.
Speaking of being happy, I have a couple Facebook friends who are very pro-vax and it stresses me out to read their posts. Curiously enough, they're not parents yet are super into pushing parents to get their kids vaccinated. I'm debating whether to unfriend them and bring back some peace or keep them on and hope they'll see the light.
Tonight was my holistic moms meeting and it went well. We have a core group of moms now and we're all really getting to know each other. We started out talking about organic food and CSAs but then moved to a discussion about SB277 and how it will affect us all. Basically, we're all going to be homeschooling, even the families whose kids are vaccinated. What we're trying to figure out is how we can set up a co-op school so that we're not all one-on-one and that way we can share the burden. It's a good thing to be starting from scratch, because we get to build it however we want, but it's also a bit overwhelming because we have no real model to work with. I'm so looking forward to the homeschool conference in a couple weeks.
I dropped O off at school today and went to the lab to have some bloodwork done. I had been putting it off and then I got the flu, but today I finally did it. I didn't pass out! They took like 8 tubes from me and I knew it was going to take awhile, so I apologized to the girl for being rude but explained that I was going to check my Facebook to distract myself. She didn't seem to mind and it went smoothly. Yay!
O was on the verge of tears as I was leaving, but her teacher helped distract her after I left and she didn't cry today! She was so happy to see me when I came back, hugging me and telling me I was a pretty mama and that she loved me.
Tomorrow is my work day at school. I was given the task of making a couple batches of play dough tonight but I ran out of cream of tartar and could only make one batch. Yikes. Hope the co-op president isn't upset. We're in the middle of ooey gooey week. On Friday, we're making personal pizzas, which the kids are super excited about.
I'm behind in laundry, ironing, and email. Gonna try to make corn chowder in the crockpot tomorrow.
No comments:
Post a Comment