One way I've been staying sane is by cleaning the house. I've been posting tons of stuff on a Facebook group called Buy and Sell San Leandro. I've made more than $50 already and I've given away lots for free. It's like our own little local craigslist.
My kitchen is spotless now. Everything in the room has a place and a purpose. Tonight I even cleaned the oven! I've had it on my to do list forever. I think this is the second time I've cleaned the oven since we bought it in 2008. Anyway, I found a recipe on Pinterest for cleaning without chemicals and gave it a try. I put about a cup of baking soda in a bowl and added just enough water to make a paste. I used a brush to paint in all over the inside of the oven and let it sit for half an hour. Meanwhile, I put the racks in my sink with just enough water to cover them and a big squirt of blue dawn.
I used a sponge to wipe off the baking soda paste in the oven and I'm so excited that it worked! There were a couple spots that needed some scrubbing with the sponge, but most of it just wiped right off. The glass on the oven door is totally clear now! I used steel wool to wipe down the racks, but it was easy and only took a short time. I love that I finally accomplished this project.
The last thing to do in my kitchen before it will be "done" is to make and hang a roman shade for the window. I bought the fabric at Joann's this week and got a cheap mini blind from Home Depot today. Unfortunately I bought a size that's just a hair too big, so I have to exchange it. This was another Pinterest project that will hopefully turn out ok. I couldn't find any roman shades I liked on etsy, so I decided to just make one. I'll try to take pics to post next time.
My home is slowly coming together, room by room. This will be the only place where we can all be safe and I want it to be clean and comfortable. It's the only thing I can control right now.
No comments:
Post a Comment