I can only think of two things about this month that have been different from all the other months so far this year. One is that I discovered that Costco now sells raw coconut water and I've been downing the stuff by the gallon. The other thing is that my husband has been home a lot more this past month. We've spent a full day together as a family every weekend for the past month and it's been great.
Olivia's summer camps at the preschool were fun for both of us and I'm really looking forward to the start of school next month. I'm also really enjoying the summertime with my girl. We've done lots of fun things this past week and we've made each other laugh a lot.
Since Louis has been home more often, he's also a little bit more rested and able to stay up later in the evenings. Olivia has been going to bed early because she's no longer napping, and Louis and I have discovered The West Wing on Netflix. Incredibly, neither one of us had ever seen it before. We're plowing through it now. We're halfway through season two.
Each weekend evening, after O has gone to bed, we break out snacks and watch The West Wing. It's relaxing, it's fun, it's irresponsible, and it's something totally unlike us. I love having something to do that we're both into, especially a guilty pleasure.
Because we've been spending more time together, we've also been nicer to each other. I love watching him with O and seeing how she adores him. He's an amazing dad.
Can it be that the answer to my hormonal issues is just that I needed more quality family time?
Or maybe it's the coconut water. Either way, life is good around here.
No comments:
Post a Comment