Saturday, January 30, 2016

Day to Self

It was a good day. My gold jewelry on eBay ended this morning and I made three hundred dollars! Today was also the monthly drop off for a non-profit called Wardrobe for Opportunity, which is where we donate all our business clothing. They give clothes to people who are looking for work, so they can go to interviews looking nice. Once they get hired, they get to go back and choose more outfits to wear to work. I dropped off a bunch of shirts, ties, dresses, scarves, and high heeled shoes (O said goodbye to her favorite pair first). So nice to have everything gone and great to know it will soon be sparking joy for someone else.

Around lunchtime, Louis and O left to go watch Bye Bye Birdie in Santa Cruz and I got an afternoon to myself. This hasn't happened in such a long time! I always tend to rush through my time alone, trying to cram in as many things as possible. Not sure how to stop doing that. Anyway, I scarfed down some lunch and headed to Macy's for my first post-KM shopping trip. For the first time ever, I shopped for clothes that looked great when I tried them on, without looking at the price tag first. I found a bunch of shirts, a pair of exercise pants, pajama pants, and a pair of jeans. Apparently it's a new thing that jeans and dress pants now come with a yoga pant waist band. They're super comfy and might even get me through the first months of a pregnancy before I have to switch over to the full belly band. Yay! The only thing about not watching the prices carefully was that I wasn't paying attention at the register and was charged too much for a shirt. I didn't notice until I was home and cutting tags off stuff. I'll have to go back for a price adjustment but otherwise, my trip was a success. 

I dropped off an apology letter I made O write to B and then I went to Alameda for a haircut. Fred at Tomo's is the best. He sees me, he hears me, as they say. I will never make the mistake of seeing someone else if I can't get in to see him right away.

Came home and made dinner just in time for them to come home and eat. Before they came home, I also had time to do a mini meditation guided by Doreen Virtue, who happened to be doing it live on Facebook. It was helpful and I know I want to try more meditation soon. I heard all about O's adventure today and saw how excited she was. So glad she got this special daddy time. 

After O went down, I listed all my silver jewelry on eBay, whee!

No comments: