First sentence in Spark Joy, Marie Kondo's second book, which just arrived in my mail today!
We're still in week 2 of the 26 week challenge, which means we're supposed to be working on clothing, specifically tops, bottoms and outerwear. Louis and I worked ahead and have most of the clothing from week 3 done, too, meaning shoes, accessories, bags, and seasonal clothes. I still need to go through jewelry. Week 4 is children's clothing. I've done the clothes in O's dresser and closet, but I have a few bins in the garage of stuff that's either too big or too small and I want to sort through those.
So, for three weeks devoted to clothing, my goal is to physically examine, sort, and store every single item of clothing in this house. I also have a small stack of clothing that needs repairs. This is huge, because I have a big pile of things to eBay upstairs and sticking with my goal means that any unnecessary clothing will be out of the house by the end of week 4.
I've been procrastinating about this eBay stuff for so long. It will feel good to just get it done. Making some money would be ok, too.
I donated two garbage bags full of clothing today and I have a bunch of stuff posted for sale on Facebook. Whatever doesn't sell by the end of the week will be donated. Olivia is having fun with all the discarded stuff, especially with a pair of my high heels that she's wearing around the house. She'll love sorting through jewelry tomorrow.
No comments:
Post a Comment