Wednesday, January 27, 2016

KonMari Journey

So, we're thinking about a second baby.  I know, I know, I said it would never happen.  And yet, I feel a little one wanting to join us and complete our family.  I can feel this baby the way I felt Olivia and knew that she was a girl even before I was pregnant.

If this is going to happen, it needs to be rather soon.  I realize now that my Konmari craziness is my "journey" that I need to take before getting pregnant, just as I took my actual journey through the southwest before getting pregnant with O.

So, my 26 week challenge may be much shorter  :)

A progress check-in:

Week 1 - Seasonal/holiday - DONE
Week 2 - Clothing (tops, bottoms, dresses, outerwear) - I need one dress tailored and then I'll be done.  Louis is done.
Week 3 - Clothing (socks, underwear, bags, accessories, jewelry, gym, swim, shoes, maternity) - Gold jewelry is selling well on ebay at the moment. I need to list all my silver stuff and then this category will be done.  Louis is done.
Week 4 - Children's clothing - I have one bag of clothing to take to the consignment store tomorrow. Whatever they don't take will be donated and then I'll be done.
Week 5 - Books - Good grief, it took forever, but Louis is finally done. I need to sell a couple books for him.  This category included cookbooks, and I enjoyed cutting down my collection to just about 6 books total.  I also bought a set of bright rainbow colored binders to hold all my Blue Apron recipes, tried and true recipes of my own and those from family and friends, and recipes I want to try but haven't yet.  The binders are so pretty!  Not including O's books, which I cleaned out last year, Louis and I cleared out about 75 books, no joke.  I donated a few books to a friend of mine who is my main homeschooling inspiration and also a student midwife.  I have two boxes of books left to try to sell to the book shop in Hayward next week and whatever doesn't sell from that will also go to my friend.  I need to stay on her good side  :)

The giving away/selling/donating part of this process takes so much time and is the reason I haven't moved along faster.  The author says to just donate absolutely everything, but it's hard for me to do that knowing that I've made a couple hundred dollars selling stuff so far.  I feel like I have to at least try to sell before donating, so I gave myself one week for each category.  Whatever is left unsold or unwanted at the end of the week will be donated.  I've kept receipts for each donation and so far I have dropped off 7 garbage bags full.

The next two weeks are focused on paper, which includes everything from pay stubs to thank you notes and important family documents.  If Louis continues to cooperate, I know I will love him so much more after the next couple weeks, lol.

I'm only one week ahead, so looks like I need to step it up a bit.  I'm on a mission here!

No comments: