Thursday, February 4, 2016

Generations Website

One of the moms at preschool is a graphic designer who designed my doula business cards and letterhead forever ago. I've been wanting to ask her to update my website but have been too shy, until today. We were talking between classes and I just asked her if she'd be interested. It just slipped out. Gulp. She said she'd love to and that I should just email her the info. 

I'm back and forth between excited and nervous that I now have to actually follow through. I need an updated bio, service description, and photos and great comments from past clients. The hardest part is the logo. I've never had a logo for my midwifery business because I don't know what I want.

I've thought about asking a tattoo artist friend to design something but I'm so afraid that I might hurt his feelings if I don't like the design. I truly don't have an image I want, so I'm not sure what to ask for. The more I think about it, though, the more I think I would like the graphic designer to come up with the business logo and web design and I would love for the artist to design the website heading with a beautiful picture. I think that's what was confusing me. His artwork is amazing and I know I would love anything he designed, but I wasn't sure how a gorgeous photo or image could be turned into the line drawing of a logo.

I think I've figured it out. I just have to follow through! I really want this. I need a new website.

No comments: