Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Coping

The plane left without me this morning.

*sniff*

I've actually been somewhat surprised by just how devastated I've been about having to cancel my trip (and everything that went with it). I'm alternating between moments when I feel like it's all going to be okay and times when I just wake up sobbing in the middle of the night. I guess the hardest part is that so many things were set up so perfectly that there is no way I can ever duplicate the plans and no one else really gets that. It's not just a matter of going back at another time. It's over and done. My "once in a lifetime" trip just wasn't meant to be. I will get over it, really I will. I'm working on it.

*sigh*

In the meantime, life goes on. My dad's surgery was postponed yet again until tomorrow morning. Hopefully this time it will be a go. I know he has to be more frustrated than anyone. I've been hearing a lot about bypass surgery lately. I even saw David Letterman talking about his on The View today. The commonness of it all is promising.

I took a day off yesterday and tried to find some peace. I got to talk to two of my really good friends. The three of us formed sort of an unofficial support group for those of us whose parents have been in critical care at Kaiser. They totally get it. I'm very inspired by their lives at the moment. One quit smoking and is planning to run a half marathon this fall. The other is unintentionally becoming a foster mother for a baby who could really use more love. That's huge!

Friends are great. It was really nice to see everyone at Tiger Cub's baby shower this weekend. Maybe I'm a little biased since I'm his tia, but Kean is the cutest little guy ever! I can't wait to really show him how to play baseball.

Louis' candidate got endorsed by the women's political action committee I just joined. Super good news for the campaign. He's excited. I'm proud of him.

Still no NARM test results yet. Hopefully in the next couple days.

Gotta keep moving.

2 comments: