Friday, September 3, 2010

Update

My dad's heart surgery is scheduled for Tuesday. It's still just a matter of taking it one day at a time, but the doctors are hopeful he'll be stable enough by then. As of today, he has been in the hospital a week already.

It has certainly been a difficult week, for all of us. The support from friends and family has been great, though. My mom has still been hanging out with him every day and spending the night in the hospital. We kids are visiting as much as we can.

I arranged for my preceptor to take my place at the upcoming obstetrics training in Albuquerque. I suppose she'll get more out of it than I would have anyway. I haven't gotten around to cancelling my flight to El Paso yet. I don't think I can bear it. I've been searching for cute jewelry boxes I can use to mail the earrings to the girls. I won't get to see their reactions, but I hope they like them.

Normally my philosophy about life includes believing everything happens for a good reason and that there is no such thing as an accident. I know in time, I'll look back on this situation and realize that's what's going on now, but for the moment I can't help but be devastatingly heartbroken. There are no words.

1 comment:

Arrowhead said...

thoughts, prayers, and good vibes to you and your family, jen. so sorry to hear it's been a tough week.