I'm here! It actually happened. I couldn't (or wouldn't) allow myself to believe it was gonna happen until I got on the plane. Still, it wasn't until the flight attendant said, "Folks, welcome to El Paso" that I really got excited.
The flights were pretty uneventful. T took me to the airport and I asked her to walk me in, just in case my bags were over the weight limit again and I needed her to bring some stuff home. Fortunately, I was good with the weight, but that may because I brought three bags. I'm such a diva!
My favorite midwife picked me up from the El Paso airport and her girls ran up to me to give me a hug. Aww, you guys. The older one said, "Jennifer, look! I'm wearing the earrings you made. I love them!" Little does she know I have a couple of cases of beads in my bag to give to them :)
I just made myself some pasta for dinner, since I'm officially on the schedule to work tonight's overnight shift. I'm so thirsty, though, that I may break down and drink the tap water, even though we're not supposed to. Tomorrow I plan to make a trip to the market to get some fruit, cheese, tortillas, and yogurt. I shipped a very heavy flat rate box full of food this morning, so it will be good when it arrives.
I guess I'll spend the rest of the night taking it easy and catching up with the midwife on tonight. There are no women in the clinic right now, so I may even be able to get a little bit of sleep tonight.
I miss Louis already.
No comments:
Post a Comment