Another good day today.
I took advantage of my new schedule (I don't have to work shifts anymore!) and slept in this morning. I love, love, love being able to wake up whenever I want and then spend all day at the clinic. If I don't have to be up before 8 am, I can stay awake all day and night sin problemas. Right now, I've been working nearly 12 hours but I'm not exhausted yet.
Breakfast today was three mini quesadillas with tomato and salsa. Lunch was a blueberry yogurt with granola. Dinner was a granny smith apple with peanut butter. Have I mentioned that I lost 3 pounds in my first week here? I can tell already, which I'm really liking.
A few months back, my favorite midwife (okay, let's just call her A from now on) surprised me with a birth record book which arrived in the mail. It has to be one of the best gifts I have ever received. I SO wish I had my grandmother's or great-grandmother's birth record book from when they were midwives back in the day. I was super excited to receive my book from her, especially because the only people I know who have these particular fancy ones are the Casa midwives. I was so touched that she thought I was worthy.
Since I've been here, A has helped me figure out how to label the page headings in the book to accurately reflect midwifery births (it is actually meant to be used by OBs) so that I could get ready to start filling it out. It holds 3,000 births, and it's so exciting to think about the possibility of filling it up someday.
Today, I continued with my project of verifying student records by pulling old charts. For one person, I had to pull charts from the time I was here last year, which made it easy for me to look up extra birth details such as the length of second stage, total blood loss, length of postpartum stay, etc. that I could use to fill in my birth log book with. So really, I got two projects started at the same time, and I should be able to finish tomorrow, if the clinic is quiet.
We're waiting on a baby right now. Before I get to the point of being exhausted, I think I'll try to head to bed for a little while so I can be rested for the birth alarm that's sure to come in a bit.
2 comments:
You must be starving, Love.! A stupid apple and a bit if peanut butter for dinner? Are you now a mouse or have you taken to storing nuts like Mom?! Some food is already en route to you and more is soon on the way!
What's crazy is that I'm not hungry! Every so often I'll feel the slightest bit hungry and then I'll have a snack, which will last me for hours. I've been feeling pretty great, though. Thanks for sending food! It's nice to know I don't have to worry about going out to get my snacks, thus taking away from my time here.
Post a Comment