Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Day 139

Yeah, my room is totally haunted. Seems I'm the first person in about a year and a half to feel a spirit there. Lucky, sensitive me.

Last night/this morning before bed, my favorite midwife gave me some sage and sweetgrass to use to clear the room. Stragely enough, I didn't even have to burn it, since just having it in the room felt better. Placebo or not, I slept better.

Before the birth last night, the midwife showed me how to fill out my birth log book, a special book that only the staff midwives have but that she bought for me just after I got my license. Seriously, it is one nice thing after another with her. She gives and gives and I receive and receive. I told her through tears the first time I left Casa that I didn't know how to say thank you for everything she had done. I still don't. The occasional TJ's gift package of snacks just doesn't seem adequate to express my overwhelming gratitude. Honestly, I'm completely humbled by the fact that she thinks I'm worthy of such love and respect.

There just aren't enough words to express everything she has given to me.

In other grateful news, I got my first care package from home yesterday! Thank you, Jen, for being so wonderful! I am loving everything.

I feel so loved and supported by so many people. How can I help wanting to pay it forward? I mean, what else do I do with all the goodness I've absorbed? While I work on passing it on, I think the best I can offer right now is just to be the best person and midwife I can be.

Oh, there's so much oxytocin in this place :)

No comments: