Saturday, April 7, 2012

37 weeks

Today's the big day! We are officially full term and in the clear for a safe home birth :)

I spoke to our midwife this morning. She is making her way to us via Phoenix and then Los Angeles. She'll be at our house by next weekend but will catch a flight if we need her sooner. I'm not sure who has what date for the pool, but I'm not feeling like the baby will come this week. I asked T to check the baby's position on Thursday and she confirmed that yes, indeed there is a head on my bladder. Actually, we both agreed that the baby is in a great position, about 7 pounds, but not yet fully engaged, meaning the head is still a little high. Totally normal, of course, but it explains why I don't have the bowling ball between my legs feeling yet but I do feel like I have to pee constantly. When I was having all the cramping and freaking out a couple weeks ago, I stopped all exercise and just tried to rest. It worked, so now I'm excited to get back to walking. I want to bring the baby's head down further.

I'm on my second pre-wash of the cloth diapers. The Grovia (most convenient) ones take more than three hours to dry on the clothesline. At least I know that I'll have to start laundry early in the day. The diaper bag, moby wraps, and Ergo plus newborn insert have all been washed and are ready to be used.

Today, Louis and I are working on replacing our glass shower doors with a fabric curtain and re-caulking the bath tub. Exciting stuff.

I've been feeling pretty good. My fingers just recently started to swell, but when I can catch it right away and sit down with some water, the swelling goes away quickly. I bought some cucumbers and watermelon to help, in case the swelling comes back more often. It's amazing how much water I have to drink just to stay hydrated. It's constantly coming in and going right back out again. I was totally craving sugar the past few days, but it looks like it has mostly passed. I hope so, that way I can enjoy Easter without all the temptation.

No comments: