Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Better

Hurray, T is home from Haiti safe and sound! I got to talk to her early this morning, once she had had a few hours of sleep and what must have been a blissful shower. Hopefully I'll get a chance to take her out to lunch in the next couple days.

Phew, what a relief it is to have her home. Actually, as each day passes, I feel less and less stressed. Although I won't be "full term" until Saturday, I am so grateful that I managed to avoid preterm labor and any other complications so far. My body knows how to grow a baby!

I'm still working on a to do list instead of just hanging out waiting for the baby to arrive, but I'm getting so much done everyday, that I don't really mind yet. All our thank you cards from the showers have been mailed, and I now have a box full of cards, notes, games, pictures, and other keepsakes from the awesome baby showers. I did my last stock up shopping trips to Trader Joe's and Whole Foods this week and I now have lots of labor snacks plus Recharge and coconut water and lots of post-birth food in the freezer. If my first post-birth meal happens around breakfast time, I'm thinking the blueberry waffles and maple syrup I bought will be mighty good.

We could still use a few more stock up items and fortunately, we still have more gift cards to use. I'm hoping to do my final Costco run later today.

Everything that had to be washed before the baby arrives has been cleaned and put away. The baby's room is pretty tidy now and has a good feel to it. Thanks to Grandma's help, we now have the special laundry detergent to start washing our newborn cloth diapers. The instructions say to wash the brand new diapers about 5 times before we use them, to help with the absorbency, but the diaper store lady recommended about 8-10 times. I'll start my first wash today and see how many I can get in before the baby arrives.

We're just planning to use my college backpack instead of a diaper bag, so I also threw that in the wash and as soon as it's dry, I'll start filling it with all the diaper bag stuff we'll use. It looks like I will finally be able to use my clothesline today! I discovered that the fabric bag that comes with a moby wrap is the perfect size to store all my clothespins, so I can easily take them outside. I still need to come up with some kind of basket or carrier to put all the diapers or clothes in from the washer to the clothesline.

Amazon just sent us a 10% off coupon to use on most of the items that are left on our registry. Fortunately, there are very few items we still need, but the coupon plus our gift cards will be so helpful as we finish up our pre-baby shopping.

Not to jinx anything, but I've been sleeping great the past three nights. No more cramping or crazy insomnia keeping me awake. I'm feeling so much better than I was last week. Things are happening! We're getting close :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

my mom just uses a hamper to carry clothes from washer to clothesline. would that work for you?

dk