Okay, so maybe the venting post helped. I had a rough night and morning, but after I vented, this afternoon turned out to be wonderful. On our way to our last baby shower, Louis and I stopped at Target to pick up a new shower curtain and rod so we can replace our current glass shower doors. Another thing off our list, yay.
By the time we arrived at our shower, I wasn't stressed at all. Amazing. It smelled delicious as soon as I walked in and I was so touched by all the little details from the homemade candy frogs and ducks to the types of food (vegan and carnivore friendly options) to the decorations and the games. So much thought and planning went into today's party and it was wonderful. We now have a whole bunch of bibs and onesies decorated with love by all of baby's aunties and uncles. Our gifts were super generous and we are so incredibly excited about receiving the rental newborn diapers, brand new from the Alameda diaper store! Our best gift (of all our showers) was the alphabet scrapbook made by all our friends. I'm so glad I was able to hold back the waterworks, because I'm so emotional now that if i had made eye contact with anyone, I totally would have started crying and I may not have been able to stop. I was so awed by all the creativity and hard work that went into making the book. Our friends are so amazing!
I know I've said that all our baby showers were great, and they were, but today I really felt loved by everyone. Maybe it's because this last week has been so hard or because we're getting close to the birth, but I'm just so grateful for all the love and support everybody close to us has shown. I really want to be the best mom I can be, to feel like I deserve all this goodness. Louis, baby, and I are so lucky :)
No comments:
Post a Comment