Still pregnant.
Today was the hottest day of the year and I just wasn't having it. Louis and I decided to spend the day on the coast, where the weather was a full 20 degrees cooler than in SL. We had a great day taking a long scenic drive, stopping for fish and chips for lunch, enjoying the beach in Half Moon Bay and relaxing with ice cream downtown. Aside from the few work phone calls and real estate emails, I had him all to myself the whole day! It was so nice to have some one on one time. This will likely (hopefully) be our last weekend together as a family of two.
I purposely planned this pregnancy to avoid as much heat as possible, and days like today remind me why that was so important. Thank goodness the weather forecast shows rain by the middle of the week. Otherwise, I'd go crazy. I am majorly uncomfortable now, with insomnia and mandatory bathroom trips every 15 minutes. I'm having a hard time trying to find a comfortable position to sit in on the couch and if my phone is more than an easy arm's reach away, forget it, I ain't answering any calls. I can't fit in our mail closet anymore, so I have to wait until Louis gets home before reading through the mail.
The birth tub is set up. The baby's room is ready. The diapers have been pre-washed a half dozen times. The kitchen is stocked. The midwife is ready. Louis has one more week of work but could leave early when he needs to. Grandma is on standby. All systems are a go.
I'm big and hot and tired and cranky and just about done with this whole thing. Baby, I really hope you're thinking about coming out very soon. Oh please, let it be cooler tomorrow.
No comments:
Post a Comment