Our midwife is here! She is staying at her daughter's place in San Francisco while we all wait for our little one to arrive. Tonight, our midwife came over for a chat, prenatal exam, and dinner. A great time was had by all. I don't even know where to start. Honestly, I had been stressing about how exactly this whole "import a midwife" plan was gonna work, down to the last little detail. After tonight, I feel so incredibly relieved. She was even more wonderful than I had remembered. Geez, I have more reverence for her than I do for a priest.
The client part of me was immediately calmed by her presence and the way she not only includes Louis but expects him to be an equal part of the birth experience while the midwife part of me was mesmerized by her wisdom and elegance and I found myself wanting to learn more and more. She and Louis laughed all night and I think he felt very much at ease around her, which makes me feel good.
What a wonderful decision this was. I have absolutely no fear or reservations about our baby's health and safety or my own as we plan our upcoming home birth. I feel incredibly lucky to have the honor of being attended by one of the best, most experienced midwives in the country. Our blessings continue.
My 38 week exam was totally normal. Baby and I had a great prenatal yoga session earlier today, and I'm sure it's what caused the baby to drop so low. The midwife confirmed that the baby's head is now pretty deep in my pelvis but the little one is posterior! I guess I'll be doing a lot of forward leaning exercises tomorrow. She estimated baby is right around the 7 pound mark and completely average and normal in every way. Phew. It's just so nice to have it confirmed.
For dinner, we heated up a meat lasagna from Costco. We bought it during our stock up shopping and I grumbled that I would give it a try, even though it has beef and cheese. Well, as it turned out, baby is a huge fan of this lasagna. After the midwife left, I had a second helping and I'm thinking I may even have it for breakfast. The baby likes the meat! The lasagna was a definite repeat.
Dinner was delicious. Our midwife is awesome. I'm so in love with Louis and our baby. I feel so at peace.
No comments:
Post a Comment