I'm so in love with Blue Apron! We just finished week two of their meal delivery service and I am so hooked.
Every single recipe has had at least one item that I have never eaten (at least intentionally) before. So far I've tried brussels sprouts, fennel, ghee, freekeh, new spices, and a cabbage-like vegetable that I had never even heard of before. I'm also learning lots of new cooking techniques and using pans and tools I haven't used in forever. I love that I planned for the meals to be delivered on Friday so that Louis can be here to help keep O occupied while I'm in the kitchen. I kinda like being forced to take the time to prepare a proper meal instead of just slapping something together. Our grocery bill has gone down and we're not eating out as often anymore. Plus, the meals are super delicious and we all enjoy eating them. I love setting the table with food that looks pretty and tastes good. Yesterday's dinner was pistachio-crusted catfish. Look at me, I'm a cook!
I've noticed two inconsistencies so far. One is that the recipes all say they take 25-35 minutes to prepare, more of less. In reality, it's more like 45 because of the prep work and having to refer to the recipe a lot. But, the other thing is that each recipe says it serves 2 and we have found that we get as much as 4.5 adult servings out of one meal.
I got an email from the company today saying that I am now able to send 3 free Blue Apron meals to a friend to try out. I wish I could sign my parents up, but I'm not sure how that would go over. If anyone wants to try a week for free with no obligation to continue, let me know. You'll love it!
No comments:
Post a Comment