Sunday, January 4, 2015

Resume

This will be my eighth year of private blogging.  I'm still enjoying it because it's so therapeutic and stress-relieving for me and I don't see an end in sight.  Sometimes I don't even realize I'm thinking or feeling something until I start writing and things just come out.  Or, I'll start a post about one topic and totally go off on something else.  Blogging before bed has helped me sleep peacefully many a night.  Anyway, I'm hoping to do more frequent (maybe shorter?) posts this year.  I hope I'll enjoy reading all these years' worth of posts when I'm old and laugh at how ridiculous I was.

Something I've never done is try to put all aspects of my life into writing.  I often feel overwhelmed by the amount of stuff I try to fit into a day and I've never really taken the time to inventory what it is that keeps me feeling so busy.  I haven't had to create a resume since 2011, but here's a rough draft of what one would look like today.

Employment
Licensed Midwife, Generations Midwifery Service - Provide prenatal, birth, and postpartum midwifery care to families in Alameda County.  Assist other midwives at home or birth center births.
Lactation Consultant - pending, exam in July 2015, certification in October 2015
eBay Seller - Sell items on eBay for family and friends

Heystek Family CEO - Responsible for all (healthy, organic) meals, all laundry, all dishes, all grocery shopping, all gift buying/making/giving/shipping, all bill-paying, all holiday decorating, most cleaning, minor repairs, short notice projects. Responsible for providing health care to family members, chauffering, homeschooling, hosting playdates, maintaining seamless organizational office and family record system, entertaining international family and political guests.  Ensure all family members feel safe, loved, comfortable, and understood.  Cope with in-laws.  Research ways to save money and/or the earth.

Volunteer Roles
Co-Leader - Holistic Moms Network, Eden Area Chapter
Co-Founder and Host - Southern Alameda County Birth Professionals
Co-Founder - Bellies Birth Resource Network
Treasurer - California Families for Access to Midwives
Chair - City of San Leandro Library Commission
Member - Political Action Committee for Excellence
Member - Pauline Cutter for Mayor Steering Committee

For Fun
Genealogy
Felting
Crocheting
Reading
Outlander

That was fun!  What am I forgetting?

No comments: