Monday, January 5, 2015

Yelled

I yelled at Olivia today.

We had a great day back at preschool this morning and I was feeling proud of how patient I was with her and how chill I felt, thinking the break did us good. I thought she would be super tired after school but she refused to take a nap. She's so dang stubborn! We went out to run errands instead, but since she really was tired, she kept refusing to listen to anything I was saying.  I wanted to check out meeting spaces for my moms group and so I got the two of us dressed up nice and professional looking. It took forever to get her dressed because she wouldn't stay still or listen. Super frustrating. The final moment came when we were on the road and I look back and she's deliberately pouring her (stain causing) snack all over herself. I tell her to stop and she ignores me. So I yell.

I pull over, stop the car, yank her snack away and yell at her again.

Unless and until she naps, I can't get anything done. When she doesn't nap, she's tired and starts acting silly or is just really difficult to deal with. I know, she's two. But it's frustrating to watch her disobey every single thing I ask/tell her to do.

Grr.

When we're back on the road again, she says quietly from the backseat, "I'm here to keep you safe."

Good grief.

No comments: