T and I co-founded a group of birth professionals who live and work in the southern part of the county, since there were painfully few resources here when we started working together. We now have a pretty large group and we have informal monthly meetings where we do a lot of networking and sharing. There are midwives, doulas, lactation consultants, chiropractors, and all kinds of providers who work with pregnant women.
We have a group on Facebook that is really active and my new idea this past month was to highlight one of our members on our Facebook page so they can get some free publicity. So, at our last meeting, we put our names in a hat and I drew the name of someone I knew of but didn't really know well at all.
Tonight, I posted her info, including her website link, to our group's Facebook page so we could all share it around. I have gotten lots of great feedback so far and it feels good to do something nice for a colleague.
And, I totally *love* her website. We have taken most of the same trainings but I love the way she lists each one on the side of her site so that the long list looks really impressive. I've never listed my trainings on my site. She's a doula but also teaches childbirth ed, is a LLL leader, and rents birth stools - all of which I have thought about doing.
I'm so impressed by her site and so motivated to change and update my own! Now I *really* want to update my site. Like, yesterday.
No comments:
Post a Comment