Friday, January 23, 2015

Sewing Class

The spring activities guide for San Leandro came out today.  Olivia is going to continue with Kiddie Kollege for another three months and she's also going to start a tee ball class.  We're thinking about dance classes, but that will wait until summer.

For the first time since O was born, I'm gonna take a class, too!  I found a sewing class where you bring your sewing machine and the manual that you could never figure out and a "master crafter" instructor will help walk you through how to use your machine.  It's a six week class that meets for three hours a week.  The description says each person will get to complete a project of their choosing.  I'M SO EXCITED!!!!

Something is wrong with my machine at the moment but I have no idea what.  I am SO looking forward to having someone sit with me to figure out what I need to do.  Maybe I need a new needle?  I want to know why it makes a thump, thump, thump noise when I try to do certain stitches.  I learn so much better when I have a little bit of hand-holding before I attempt it on my own, and I'm hoping I will love this class.

Maybe I'll get to move beyond the skill level of pajama pants!  This is the year I learn to sew.


No comments: