I took today off. What that looked like, actually, was that I attended a birth in the middle of the night, stayed to chat with the midwife afterwards, came back to bed to sleep for two hours, got called to another birth, stayed to help out afterwards, came back to bed to sleep for a couple hours, got woken up by interns starting the washing machine just outside my room.
By noon, I had gotten maybe a total of six hours of sleep. Around here, that's what we call sleeping through the night. Anyway, I took my time waking up and getting dressed, which is a good part of my days off. When the director was here the other day, she asked me if I'd be interested in helping her with a project, so naturally I said yes. I spent all of today working on the project, which involved copying about 700 pages from midwifery textbooks on our copy machine. I just finished about an hour ago. I so hope she'll be happy with my work. I would love to score some extra points with her.
I took a break from copying at around 6 tonight and another intern and I walked to the market together. The sky looked crazy scary, like it was about to storm, even though it was in the 90s. As we walked back to the clinic, the wind was howling and we got dirt/sand in our eyes and mouths. As soon as we walked in the door, it started raining! I don't remember the number of days it has been, but El Paso hasn't seen rain in a LONG time. They even report about it on the news every night. Tonight, the dry spell ended.
The good news is that we got some rain. The bad news is all that rain came right through the ceiling in the intern house living room, and now we have buckets and pans all over the floor. I hope the storm was a one time deal, so we don't have to worry about massive leaks for the next couple days.
Speaking of water, my dear husband shipped me two cases of water from
Costco and they arrived today. I'm saved! I am not going to die of dehydration, yay! The secretaries think I'm such a California diva.
1 comment:
You should start going by JHey (instead of JLo)! We had our fair share of rain these past few days, but nothing compared to El Paso. While you dodge thunderstorms, I strolled through the downtown farmers' market and thought of buying some kettle corn in your honor. (Don't worry, I didn't buy anything.) Come home soon so we can share a bag! Your husband
Post a Comment