The zumba midwife is a Rent fan! In keeping with Casa tradition, we had a Rent sing-a-long today, followed by watching the second disk that has the documentary info about how the musical and film came to be. I'll never be able to disassociate that movie with Casa now. But, I'm really glad we watched it today.
I worked on chart review this afternoon, finishing the month of March. I know A will be so pleased with me, yay.
We had a client come in for a regular cita this afternoon and she was just as surprised as we were to discover that she was 6 cm dilated with not even a few colicos (cramps). We kept her here for a few hours to observe her, but by evening we encouraged her to go home to rest and come back as soon as she feels anything. Her baby's head is so low and she's a multip, so I think she'll only need a few contractions before she gives birth. Let's hope she makes it back in time.
Did I mention tomorrow is a full moon? Good times ahead.
If the rest of tonight is quiet, I'm planning to go to zumba tomorrow morning. I don't know if I will be able to get in all 10 classes that I paid for before I leave, but it's okay. I just really enjoy the class and the chance to get out and exercise.
I've been doing some research about my Colorado trip. Now that I've decided to make it a go, there are a lot of details to work out. I am a little nervous, because I've never really travelled by myself before. I found out that Enterprise at the El Paso airport has an economy car I can rent for $200, including taxes and fees. I'm trying to figure out when and how I want to pick it up. I was planning to return it on Sunday when I come back, but since I leave for home on Monday, I may as well keep it until then. That way, it also saves me an awkward goodbye trip to the airport from a midwife or an intern.
I'm planning to leave on Wednesday morning, with a stay in Taos that night. One of our crunchy granola interns has lived in Taos before (of course she has) and she was telling me about a youth hostel there that would be the cheapest place to stay. I'm actually not afraid of yucky conditions, since my standards have been lowered so much here. With a bar of soap and a 2-in-1 shampoo being my morning routine now, I have become a pretty simple girl. I really don't care about staying in a nice place. I'm even thinking about trying to sleep in the car to save on hotel costs. Because, really? Would I rather pay for a hotel or buy myself a new turquoise necklace? I totally have priorities.
3 comments:
No sleeping in cars!
if you want to save a lil $ on car rental, look into picking up a car at a non-airport location of enterprise, budget, or whatever. the airport tacks on so many ridiculous "taxes" and "surcharges." and look into costco discounts... we were able to get a good deal on rental for hawaii because there just happened to be a coupon for budget in that coupon book that costco sends to your house monthly.
Jen, you're brilliant! I just found out the Enterprise up the street has the same car for $30 less and they'll pick me up!
Post a Comment