It's 4 am and I am one big emotional wreck.
I am working my very last (no!) Casa shift, with A, of course. We have two women in labor right now.
Later today, I have to say good-bye to three staff midwives, including A. I can't. I just can't do it. I am nowhere near strong enough.
After zumba this morning (yesterday morning), I reserved my rental car for tomorrow. I got the cheapest, smallest option, which is just an American automatic with A/C and a radio. That's all I need. I still can't believe that in a little more than 24 hours I will be on the road, on the trip I have wanted to make for so long. I'm terrified, actually. I have never really traveled by myself and I don't know what to expect. Everyone here is so supportive and encouraging and genuinely happy for me. They keep talking about this trip as a great, like, character building experience. A once in a lifetime opportunity. I have so many character building experiences going on all at the same time and I'm so overwhelmed. I know I will feel better once I just get on the road. Music. I just need to listen to some good music.
The French-Canadian intern is working with me for my last shift. I really like her a lot and I'm so glad to see that she is already so appreciative of her experiences here. She is a really wonderful person and she will be a great midwife.
Ohmygosh, I am going to miss so many people so badly! I hate endings! I am NOT a fan of change. Did I mention I'm a total wreck right now? It just hit me that I'm leaving Casa and my family here and I don't know if I'll ever see any of them again. It hurts! I can't even breathe. This is it.
No puedo.
1 comment:
¡Sí, se puede!
Post a Comment